Circe by Madeline Miller

Circe isn't beautiful and she isn't all powerful like her Titan father, but she has her own power.  Witchcraft.  Circe spans thousands of years and many familiar Greek myths cross the path of Circe.



Circe is known for being a vicious minded, harpy-like character but I really enjoyed this retelling.  I like the compassionate, wronged, flawed and fearful divinity that we are introduced to.  I feel that she is such a well-written female character that she will resonate with almost any reader.  I also enjoyed the interweaving of all the myths and the richness that this brings to the story.

I am not surprised by my enjoyment of this one as I have previously enjoyed other similar works including: Troy by Adele Géras and The Shadow Behind the Stars by Rebecca Hahn.

I give this one 4/5 stars!

Comments

Popular Posts