Rickety Stitch and the Gelatinous Goo by Ben Costa & James Parks

 Rickety Stitch is an anomaly- a sentient skeleton.  Recently fired from his job, he has nothing but the clothes on his bones, his lute, the tune stuck in his head and his faithful sidekick the Gelatinous Goo!


I really enjoyed the blending of fantasy and humour in this graphic novel.  It reminds me of playing old dungeon crawlers and D&D.  I laughed and was moved by the plight of Rickety and Gooey.  I enjoyed travelling along with them and loved their encounters.  The characters are well rounded and relatable despite their fantasy setting.

This is an adventure at its finest and silliest.  I feel that anyone who likes fantasy novels will enjoy this take on the genre!  I had to give it five stars for novelty and putting a smile on my face in these grim times.

Comments

Popular Posts