All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban

 Six teens from six very different walks of life find themselves locked in a room with a syringe, a ticking bomb and a set of instructions stating that someone must die or else they all will.


All Your Twisted Secrets is a YA, locked room mystery that may remind readers of the film Would You Rather, the difference being that the (rich) megalomanic is out of sight and the stakes are the teens' lives.

I found this to be an engaging, if predictable read.  I think I had figured almost all the secrets by about the halfway point but still found the book entertaining enough to keep reading.  The interactions between the characters were raw and authentic.  The characters themselves were well written and tended to not be too trope-y.  I think Urban does a commendable job in her character writing as it is often easy to fall into the trap of writing teens as stereotypes.

I would recommend this book for a fast-paced rainy day read, for those that enjoy thrillers and for those that love YA.  I give this book 3/5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts