Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski

 Witchers are mutations feared by many but sworn to protect the average citizen.  Sword of Destiny tracks Geralt of Rivia's adventures as he faces monsters, prejudices, his own demons and his destiny.


Can I just say I love The Witcher series even though I've only read two of the books, seen the Netflix series, and played about half an hour of the video game?  The world which Geralt resides in is incredibly rich in detail, lore and has characters that are compelling and memorable.  I sank my teeth into this collection fo short stories and I didn't stop devouring it!

Fantasy meets realism in a way seldom encountered in fiction.  It's something I really enjoy and I think Sapkowski might be the master of it.  I don't think I've ever read another author who does it so well- I know a bold statement. 

Despite being short stories, each perfectly encapsulates an adventure.  Fans of the Netflix show would certainly recognize some of the stories from the episodes so far presented!  Sapkowski does a fantastic job of making 50 pages feel like a complete novel, and even then the stories are delicately woven together.

A book for fans of George R.R. Martin, Brandon Sanderson, Terry Brooks and Patrick Rothfuss.

Comments

Popular Posts