The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs

 When Natalie Harper inherits a floundering bookshop, she quits a high-powered job in wine country to return to the city of her childhood.  Despite her reluctance, she soon finds that the bookshop provides a refuge from grief and she is able to find joy, friendship, family and love again.



I love a good chick lit read and The Lost and Found Bookshop certainly delivers.  Grandy and Dorothy provide wonderful supporting characters to Natalie and Peach, and even outshine the leads at times.  I love the joy that Dorothy brings Grandy!  I do also like the time Wiggs takes to develop real and meaningful relationships between these four characters.  Trevor, who is presented as another potential love interest for Natalia, does not quite get the same attention to detail- but I think that this was done intentionally as a way of really highlighting all that Trevor lacks as a man.

I think that the book deals extremely well with feelings of grief, betrayal, love, and most importantly family.  I would recommend this to readers of Jodi Picoult, Elin Hilderbrand and Emily Giffin.

4/5 stars from me!

Comments

Popular Posts