Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

 The Apocalypse is coming ... or well it is according to the prophecies.  However, the Antichrist has been misplaced and a fast-living demon and fussy angel would much rather not have the end of the world happen.


Presented with humour, a great cast of characters, and an irreverent take on the state of affairs, Good Omens is sure to delight.  I have read both Pratchett and Gaiman in the past, but have not yet ventured into one of their works together.  I found myself giggling aloud often.

I particularly enjoyed the oddball friendship between Crowley and Aziraphale.  It reminded me very much of later seasons of Supernatural (don't come for me if things have changed I haven't seen anything past season 10!). 

If there was one thing I could change about the book it would be the AntiChrist.  He's a bit, dare I say it, boring and ultimately becomes my least favourite part of the book.  I thought that it would definitely be the Witchfinder's Army that I took issue with but they turned out to be refreshingly hilarious intended or not!

Fans of Terry Pratchett are sure to enjoy this one and I would recommend it to anyone that likes: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Princess Bride and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.

4 out of 5 stars for me!

Comments

Popular Posts